- Up to 10 sessions negotiable, a minimum of 2 days (4 sessions) per week.
- Contracted position, MBS Better Access to Mental Health bulk billed services
- Located at Frankston site and/or Youth Centre sites at Hastings, Mornington and Rosebud
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
YSAS is a Child Safe organisation. We actively promote the safety and wellbeing of young people, and are committed to protecting young people from harm or abuse who come into contact with and/or access our service. Applicants must undergo rigorous screening and recruitment processes, including providing evidence of current WWCC and National Police Check.
headspace Frankston is a local consortium of 12 agencies including Area health services, local government, drug & alcohol services, employment and education services, private providers and social welfare agencies. This strategic alliance aims to establish a local community of youth services, improving access to early intervention health and mental health services for young people aged 12-25 and their families.
About the position
Provision of focussed psychological interventions and counselling services to young people aged 12-25 years in the headspace Frankston enhanced primary care service as a member of the multidisciplinary and multiservice care team.
The Counsellor is responsible for;
- the delivery of counselling services for a dedicated case list funded through the MBS Better Access program
- provision of evidenced based focused psychological services in an enhanced primary care setting, including an appropriate blend of tailored psychological interventions for young people e.g. CBT, IPT, ACT, motivational interviewing
- ensuring family inclusive practice and other family support pathways
- compliance with professional and organisational standards of practice and legislative requirements
- active participation in case load and clinical review meetings and care and safety planning
- contribute to the continuous quality improvement of the YSAS Frankston site service
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION on our website www.ysas.org.au.
How to apply
To support your application you must provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and a current Resume (in Word or PDF format only). Applications received without addressing the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Applications close: 5pm Friday, 26 October 2018 and should be addressed to: email@example.com, using the subject line: hsF Allied Health Professional - Counsellor.
Please note: Interviews will be held during business hours the week commencing Monday, 29 October 2018.
Please note: As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and have a current Working With Children Check.
Please note: We can only accept applications from Australian citizens and permanent residents.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Jamie Powell (Acting Clinical Coordinator) or Rose Mary Dowling (Q&R Coordinator) on 03 9769 6419.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.
Due to the predicted volume of applications, please note you will only be contacted if you are successful in progressing to a first round interview.