Summary of position
- Full time position (1.0FTE - 76 hours per fortnight) to December 31 2019. for suitably qualified and credentialed, Mental Health Occupational Therapist, Mental Health Social Worker, Psychologist or Mental Health Nurse
- Extension to June 30 2020 upon formal confirmation of program contract extension.
- Annual salary (Health Professional’s Award 2010 Level 4 or 5, dependent on qualifications and experience) plus 9.5% Employer superannuation and salary packaging
- General hours 9-5 Monday to Friday, with requirement for some afterhours/weekend work as required (limited).
- Located in Frankston with assertive outreach to Mornington Peninsula
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
The BounceBack Program is commissioned through the South East Melbourne Primary Health Network (SEMPHN), and supports young people (aged 12-25) with a severe mental illness who have complex needs and will benefit from a flexible and responsive service offering therapy, case management and coordination of their care over an extended period of time.
About the position
The Clinical Lead will ensure that the care delivered to young people is of the highest possible standard and that young people and their families receive timely, responsive and appropriate enhanced primary care services to meet their presenting and emerging needs.
The Clinical Lead will provide a leadership role in clinical governance processes within a multidisciplinary and multi-sectorial community of young services hub at Frankston. The Clinical lead will model best practice principles in the delivery, oversight and ongoing quality review of the BounceBack and YSAS programs aligned to evidence based clinical guidelines.
The Clinical Lead must be enthusiastic and capable of working within the YSAS Youth Partnership model to develop and deliver this service within the community and enhance health care access for the target group.
Please note that some after-hours work will be required to meet the needs of young people and their families.
Your key areas of responsibilities will include:
- Team establishment, development and leadership
- Clinical pathways, systems and oversight
- Stakeholder engagement and program partnerships
- Referrals, assessment and direct care
- Support and secondary consultation
- Team and Culture building
- Continuous improvement
- Professional conduct and relationship management
For full details of the position and the Key Selection Criteria, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION
How to apply
To support your application you must:
1) Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and
2) Provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and
3) Provide a current Resume (in Word or PDF format only).
Applications close: COB 15 February 2019 and should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Clinical Lead - BounceBack application
Candidates must be available for interview on Tuesday 19 February 2019.
Please note: As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and have a current Working with Children Check.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Courtney Gould (Operations Lead) on 03 9769 6419.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.
Due to the predicted volume of applications, please note you will only be contacted if you are successful in progressing to a first round interview.