YSAS Community Programs (based on a youth outreach model) are located across six sites spanning Melbourne and regional Victoria. This gives YSAS alcohol and other drug workers the mobility to meet young people on their own terms in the communities where they live.
The community programs connect young people with other YSAS services and a range of specialist youth services external to YSAS.
YSAS believes a respectful, supportive and empathic relationship with a YSAS worker is crucial if the young person is to actively work towards improving their quality of life. YSAS alcohol and other drug workers work closely with the young person in a range of contexts, opening up opportunities and helping them gain the knowledge and skills they need to live more optimistically and to reduce drug-related harms.
YSAS workers offer access to:
• alcohol and other drugs assessment
• information and education on drug use
• health promotion and harm minimisation strategies
• treatment, support and welfare services
• day programs
• YSAS home based withdrawal services
• YSAS residential withdrawal services
• YSAS residential rehabilitation services
• YSAS primary health services
• case-work, support and follow-up, and
• appropriate referral pathways, such as employment and housing.
Contact YSAS Community Programs:
Directly through the YSAS Community Offices