YSAS is an EEO employer, committed to employing skilled and professional staff to provide a high quality service to young people between the ages of 12 and 21 who are experiencing significant problems with their alcohol and/or other drug use.
The following position(s) are currently available at YSAS:
(2X) Team Leader
Youth Support Service (YSS)
- (1X) Team Leader, Youth Support Service, Eastern Region located at YSAS Box Hill
- (1X) Team Leader, Youth Support Service, Southern Region located at YSAS Dandenong
- Full time Position (1.0 EFT/ 38 hours per week)
- Annual Salary $53, 316 - 58, 882 (depending on qualifications and experience) plus 9% super and attractive salary packaging
YSAS is a state-wide community organisation providing a range of innovative services for vulnerable young people. The Youth Support Service (YSS) is an early intervention program within YSAS supporting young people aged 10 to 17 who have had recent contact with police and are at risk of entering the justice system. The Youth Support Service (YSS) approach is client-centred, holistic, developmentally appropriate, family sensitive and culturally inclusive.
ABOUT THE POSITION
An energetic and focused individual who has the experience and knowledge of working with vulnerable young people aged 10 to 17 years and their families, and being an integral part of the YSS team.
To be successful in this position you will:
- Have the management responsibilities for members of their team, which include the provision of regular supervision and day to day mentoring/support to ensure quality service.
- Include a range of program functions such as management of referrals, assessments and intake and stakeholder management.
- Develop and maintain working relationships and networks with Victoria Police, key youth agencies, education/training providers and other stakeholders.
- Have strong communication skills and leadership qualities are integral to the functions of the senior youth worker role.
For a position description please click here or contact Human Resources Juliana Labarthe on (03)9415 8881. To support your application you must provide a Covering Letter addressing the key selection criteria and a current Resume.
Please note: Interviews will be held on Thursday 6th and Friday 7th June 2013.
Youth AOD Worker – Residential
Employment type: Permanent Part time position (0.8 EFT/ 30.4 hours per week)
Remuneration: $51,467 - $53,316 (pro rata) plus 9% Superannuation, Salary packaging including meals and leasing benefits
Location: Fitzroy Residential Unit
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to work with young people undergoing withdrawal in our 8 bed Fitzroy Residential Withdrawal Unit. The successful applicant will be required to work a variety of shifts and have knowledge and experience of AOD and health related information associated with the day-to-day operations of a withdrawal unit for young people.
To be successful in this position you will have
- Knowledge of and understanding of the key issues facing young people experiencing AOD withdrawal;
- Experience in working with young people in a structured and policy directed environment;
- Experience working respectfully with young people who are at risk of disengaging from school, family and community, and who may exhibit challenging behaviours.
Click here for a position description, please see below or contact HR Juliana Labarthe on (03)9415 8881. To support your application you must provide a Covering Letter addressing the key selection criteria and a current Resume.
Please note: Interviews will be held on Thursday 30th and Friday 31st May 2013.
To apply for any of the positions listed on this page please contact the details below. Applicants must submit an application and resume addressing the essential criteria in the job description to:
Human Resources Manager
YSAS Pty Ltd
P O Box 2950
Fitzroy Victoria 3065
If you require more information, ring YSAS on (03) 9415 8881.