- Full time (1.0 EFT 38 hours per week) fixed term contract for 12 months (parental leave backfill)
- SCHCADS level 5 dependent on qualifications and experience + 9.5 % Employer superannuation
- Located in Sunshine
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
YSAS is a Child Safe organisation. We actively promote the safety and wellbeing of young people, and are committed to protecting young people from harm or abuse who come into contact with and/or access our service. Applicants must undergo rigorous screening and recruitment processes, including providing evidence of current WWCC and National Police Check.
About the position
As the Forensic Youth AOD Outreach Worker you will be working with young people who are experiencing a range of challenges with their alcohol and/or drug use, providing them with crisis intervention, assessment, case management services and continuing support to minimise the harm of drug use to the young person. You will have the capability to advocate, support and engage with young people engaged in the justice system, as well as monitor and achieve forensic targets.
Please note that some after-hours work may be required to meet the needs of young people and their families.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Direct Service Activities
- Referral Networks and Pathways
- Program Development and Evaluation
- Service Promotion
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in in Youth Work, Community Services or other health related qualifications (i.e. Social Work, Youth Work, Family Studies, etc.).
- Experience in working with young people with complex needs in an outreach capacity especially issues relating to problematic alcohol or other drug use.
- Demonstrated understanding of case planning and review and case work / case management approaches. In addition to responding to crises and accessing other support services.
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION on our website www.ysas.org.au.
How to apply
To support your application you must provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and a current Resume (in Word or PDF format only). Applications received without addressing the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Applications close: COB Friday, 23 November 2018 and should be addressed to: email@example.com, using the subject line: Forensic AOD Outreach Worker Sunshine application.
- As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and have a current Working With Children Check.
- We can only accept applications from Australian citizens and permanent residents.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Emma Hutchinson (Team Leader) on 9091 8200 or 0417 380 307.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.