- Part time ongoing position (up to 21 hours / 5 to 6 sessions per week)
- Attractive salary plus 9.5 % Employer superannuation, generous salary packaging
- Located in Fitzroy, Glen Iris and Abbotsford
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
About the position
The primary focus of this position is to provide health care to young people undergoing residential alcohol &/or other drug withdrawal. The position requires a General Practitioner with experience in providing primary health care, with a strong emphasis on mental and sexual health
Please note that some after-hours work may be required to meet the needs of young people and their families.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Residential Withdrawal Admissions.
- Management and General Medical consultations.
- Sexual health and blood borne virus screening, assessment, referral and co‑management of mental health presentations.
- Medication management and prescribing, including the support and preparation of medication management plans.
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION on our website www.ysas.org.au.
How to apply
To support your application you must provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and a current Resume (in Word or PDF format only).
There is no formal closing date for this position and applications will be reviewed as they are received. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Applications should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: GP – Primary Health Services application.
Please note: As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and have a current Working With Children Check.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Peter Wearne (Director, Services) on 0409 550 549.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.
Due to the predicted volume of applications, please note you will only be contacted if you are successful in progressing to a first round interview.