- Full Time contract until 31st January 2019 with possibility of extension
- SCHCADS Award level 5 plus 9.5% Super and Salary Packaging benefits
- Located at Parkville
About YSAS/ YHaRS
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is a leading youth health not-for-profit agency that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
Three leading Victorian agencies have formed a Consortium called the Youth Health and Rehabilitation Service (YHaRS). YHaRS delivers an integrated, therapeutic, holistic, comprehensive, continuum of care approach across the health service and rehabilitation programs in partnership with the youth justice custodial precincts, Secure Welfare Services (SWS) and Youth Justice community teams.
About the position
Reporting to the Service Manager – Health Case Management Team, you will be responsible for the provision of assessment, case management, intervention, and ongoing support in order to facilitate sound health and wellbeing support to young people located within the Youth Justice Custodial setting. You will be a suitably qualified team player who thrives in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- One-on-one individual support and advocacy for young people within the custodial precinct, focusing on AOD, sexual health, high prevalence mental health issues, primary health referral and general wellbeing.
- Facilitation of groups for young people within the custodial precincts in relation to mental health concerns and substance use. Provision of referral and communications to a range of community youth services including primary health, AOD, Youth Justice and Child Protection.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of client entries into the YHaRS electronic medical record meeting both organisational and legislative requirements.
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION or visit our website www.ysas.org.au.
How to apply:
To support your application you must provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and a current Resume (in Word or PDF format only).
Applications close: COB Wednesday, 24 January 2018 and should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Health Case Manager (Youth) – Parkville application.
Please note: As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and have a current Working with Children Check.
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Ivan Jovetic on 0428 115 626.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.
Due to the predicted volume of applications, please note you will only be contacted if you are successful in progressing to a first round interview.