- Full time / Fixed term from 08 April to 30 June 2019
- SCHCADS level 6 dependent on qualifications and experience + 9.5 % Employer superannuation
- Located in Preston
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
YSAS is a Child Safe organisation. We actively promote the safety and wellbeing of young people, and are committed to protecting young people from harm or abuse who come into contact with and/or access our service. Applicants must undergo rigorous screening and recruitment processes, including providing evidence of current WWCC and National Police Check.
About the position
This role entails providing a lead in YSAS’ Youth AOD Outreach program to young people 12-21 who present with complex substance use, mental health, homelessness and statutory involvement (Youth Justice / Community Corrections / Child Protection). Developing and maintaining working relationships and networks with a range of stakeholders including Youth Justice, Community Corrections, Child Protection, Out of Home Care Providers, other key youth agencies, education/training providers and relevant stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities will include
- Provision of regular supervision and day to day mentoring/support to ensure quality service delivery
- Responsibility for a range of program functions such as the COATS portfolio,
- Management of referrals and assessments
- Client review and intake
- Stakeholder management
- Program reporting, targets and team projects.
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION.
How to apply
To support your application you must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident,
- Provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and Provide a current Resume (in Word or PDF format only).
Applications received without addressing the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Applications close: COB Thursday, 28 February 2019 and should be addressed to: email@example.com, using the subject line: Team Leader AOD Youth Outreach - Preston application .
Please note: As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and have a current Working With Children Check.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Christa Grapentin on 0404 041 214.
YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.
Due to the predicted volume of applications, please note you will only be contacted if you are successful in progressing to a first round interview.