- Fulltime ongoing position
- Located in Fitzroy
- Newly created role
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
YSAS is a Child Safe organisation. We actively promote the safety and wellbeing of young people, and are committed to protecting young people from harm or abuse who come into contact with and/or access our service. Applicants must undergo rigorous screening and recruitment processes, including providing evidence of current WWCC and National Police Check.
About the position
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, this newly created role will see you provide marketing executional and administrative support to the marketing team, and take ownership of the YSAS internal communication strategy.
You will be supporting the Director in implementing the new 3-year marketing strategy, and, more broadly, the organisation in delivering to its forthcoming 3-year strategic plan.
This exciting role will see you assist in the implementation of marketing activity aligned to brand strategy, internal communications, advocacy, campaigns and fundraising. This will include the creation of written and visual content, identifying opportunities to promote the YSAS brand, coordinating the YSAS social media strategy and coordinating campaigns with external agencies.
This position requires outstanding organisational skills, strong communication skills and flexibility to shift priorities based on team needs. We are looking for a creative and innovative thinker; someone who is forthcoming with new ideas and someone who brings passion and energy to their work every day.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Driving the internal communications strategy
- Coordinating the febfast campaign with external operating agency
- Creating written and visual content and other campaign materials
- Coordinating the redevelopment of the YSAS website
- Assisting in the development and management of YSAS’s social media strategy
- Supporting the marketing team in ad-hoc tasks as needed
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification (marketing and/or communications)
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role and sector
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in digital marketing including social media and website management
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of a team as well as the ability to exercise a sound level of independence, judgement and initiative
- Highly developed computer literacy
- Graphic design, photography and video skills (highly regarded)
- Fundraising experience (highly regarded)
If this sounds like a position that suits the next chapter in your career, we look forward to hearing from you. You’ll be given the opportunity to challenge yourself, build on your skills and make a significant contribution to an organisation working toward a community in which all young people are valued, included and have every opportunity to thrive.
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION on our website www.ysas.org.au.
How to apply
To support your application you must provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and a current Resume (in Word or PDF format only). Applications received without addressing the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Applications close: COB 31st July 2018 and should be addressed to: email@example.com, using the subject line: Marketing and Communications Coordinator application.
Please note: As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and have a current Working With Children Check.
Please note: We can only accept applications from Australian citizens and permanent residents.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Laura Callow – Director of Marketing & Communications on 03 9415 8881.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.
Due to the predicted volume of applications, please note you will only be contacted if you are successful in progressing to a first round interview.