- Full time position (38 hours per week)
- SCHADS Level 4 dependent on qualifications and experience plus 9.5% Employer superannuation, generous salary packaging
- Located at Frankston site
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
YSAS is a Child Safe organisation. We actively promote the safety and wellbeing of young people, and are committed to protecting young people from harm or abuse who come into contact with and/or access our service. Applicants must undergo rigorous screening and recruitment processes, including providing evidence of current WWCC and National Police Check.
Headspace Frankston is a local consortium of 12 agencies including area health services, local government, drug & alcohol services, employment and education services, private providers and social welfare agencies. This strategic alliance aims to establish a local community of youth services, improving access to early intervention health and mental health services for young people aged 12-25 and their families.
About the position
The primary focus of this position is to provide youth focused medical reception and administration duties for a multidisciplinary and multisector service site and support routine day to day client and site communications, safety, maintenance and operations.
The Medical Reception & Administration Officer is the first point of contact for the Frankston site, with the role providing frontline advice and in-centre support to young people and their families/carers seeking information, resources and help; triaging telephone enquiries and client presentations at reception; and other duties that facilitate and at times initiate our sites responsiveness, initial contact, screening, warm referral and clinical escalation processes for young people within the workers scope of practice. The administration team provides coverage of two staff for frontline reception duties as rostered, back fill and undertake specialty administration tasks as delegated or directed.
- Provide a non-judgmental, caring and respectful first point of contact assistance to young people and their families, community members and external services accessing our site;
- Provide front of house medical reception services, including managing client/visitor arrivals, incoming phone calls and emails;
- Provide safe and decisive management of common presenting medical, behavioural and psychological distress scenarios, assessing the client’s status using triage steps and principles;
- Manage client appointment bookings, communications and site presentation demonstrating an understanding of privacy, confidentiality, consent and child safe legislation;
- Facilitate timely data entry and file management of confidential client information and medical records into relevant data bases and information management systems;
- Provide observational monitoring and supervision of the waiting room and immediate environmental surrounds, ensuring a safe environment is maintained, initiating client or site escalation and safety responses in line with site safety procedures and reception triage tool;
- A range of administrative tasks to support the efficient and safe day to day operations of the service as required or delegated.
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION
How to apply
To support your application you must:
1) Be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident and,
2) Provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and,
3) Provide a current Resume (in Word or PDF format only).
Applications received without addressing the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Applications close: 5 pm Friday 22nd February 2019 and should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Medical Receptionist & Administration Worker
Please note: Interviews will be held during business hours on Tuesday 5th March 2019.
Please note: As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and have a current Working with Children Check.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Leisl Jackson on 03 9769 6419
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.
Due to the predicted volume of applications, please note you will only be contacted if you are successful in progressing to a first round interview.