- Full time, fixed term position to 28 June 2019
- SCHCADS level 6.1 – 6.3 dependent on qualifications and experience + 9.5 % Employer superannuation
- Located in Box Hill
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
YSAS is a Child Safe organisation. We actively promote the safety and wellbeing of young people, and are committed to protecting young people from harm or abuse who come into contact with and/or access our service. Applicants must undergo rigorous screening and recruitment processes, including providing evidence of current WWCC and National Police Check.
Youth Support Service (YSS)
The YSS is an early intervention program targeting young people 10-17 who have had contact with police and are at risk of entering the justice system. The YSS approach is client-centered, holistic, developmentally appropriate, family sensitive and culturally appropriate.
About the position
The team leader has management responsibilities for members of their team which includes the provision of regular supervision and day to day mentoring/support to ensure quality service provision and responsible for a range of program functions such as management of referrals, assessments and intake and stakeholder management. Supporting the manager, the team leader will have responsibilities in relation to program reporting, targets and team projects.
Please note that some after-hours work will be required to meet the needs of young people and their families.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- The support of staff including, provision of supervision, mentoring and maintaining a positive team environment
- Building and maintaining positive stakeholder relationships, particularly with Victoria Police and Youth Justice.
- Management responsibilities, ensuring streamlined and timely program processes such as intake and that program targets and reporting requirements are met.
- Contribute to continuous quality improvement in relation to service delivery
- Ensure that young people and their families who access YSAS services receive a high quality service that is client centered, timely, responsive, professional flexible, evidence based and developmentally appropriate
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION on our website www.ysas.org.au.
How to apply
To support your application you must provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and a current Resume (in Word or PDF format only). Applications received without addressing the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Applications close: COB Monday, 26 November 2018 and should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: YSS Team Leader application.
Interviews will be held during business hours on Monday, 3 December 2018.
- As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and have a current Working With Children Check.
- We can only accept applications from Australian citizens and permanent residents.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Tracey Martin (Acting General Manager, Operations) 0407 861 430.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.
Due to the predicted volume of applications, please note you will only be contacted if you are successful in progressing to a first round interview.