- 0.8 ongoing position
- SCHCADS level 6 dependent on qualifications and experience + 9.5 % Employer superannuation. Very generous salary packaging also available
- Located in Bendigo
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
About the position
The Alcohol + Drug Youth Consultant (ADY-C) position is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to provide a specialist Youth Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) service to young people involved in the child protection system. The ADY-C position provides support and advice to staff in out of home care residential facilities; adolescent community placement and secure welfare services through specialist secondary consultation to Child Protection case planning processes; AOD education; appropriate AOD assessment, referral and linkages. Servicing the City of Greater Bendigo, the Alcohol + Drug Youth Consultant will be based in Bendigo and be a member of the multi-disciplinary YSAS Loddon Mallee team.
Please note that some after-hours work will be required to meet the needs of young people and their families.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- The provision of AOD assessments, counselling, and support to young people with substance use issues in Out of Home Care placements, using a range of activity based outreach and therapeutic interventions.
- The provision of training, secondary consultation, and support to other program workers in relation to substance use issues.
- To develop co-operative partnerships with DHHS Child Protection, Out of Home Care workers and community services.
- Provide active monitoring and tracking of the target group of young people who may be moving between the service system and other networks.
- Contribute as a member of a team to the development of AOD protocols, policies and training.
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION on our website www.ysas.org.au.
How to apply
To support your application you must provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and a current Resume (in Word or PDF format only).
Applications close: COB Monday, 26 February 2018 and should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Alcohol & Drug Youth Consultant (ADYC) - Bendigo application.
Please note: As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and have a current Working With Children Check.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Kerry Donaldson - Manager Bendigo on 5444 2969.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.
Please note you will only be contacted if you are successful in progressing to a first round interview. If you have previously applied for this position, please do not re-apply.