- Part time (0.6EFT), fixed term to 30th June 2018. Ongoing role to be reviewed as part of 2018/19 budget planning.
- SCHCADS level 6 or 7 (dependant on qualifications and experience) + 9.5 % Employer superannuation, generous salary packaging available.
- Located at YSAS Head Office in Fitzroy.
Are you an experienced practitioner, passionate about child safety?
About the position
Building on over 18 months of work to date, we are now seeking expressions of interest for a second YSAS Child Safety officer. This role will drive best practice in Child Safety at YSAS and will be crucial in supporting the organisation to live its values.
Key responsibilities include:
The key contact for young people and staff on any child safety matter.
Understand and comply with the intent and principles of YSAS Safeguarding Young People Policy, including reporting any suspected child abuse to the relevant child protection authority and Victoria Police.
Develop and deliver child safe training at YSAS.
Ensure a timely response to the investigation of suspected child abuse that involves a YSAS young person, employee, volunteer or involved parties.
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION on our website www.ysas.org.au.
How to apply for this job
To support your application you must provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and a current Resume.
Applications close: COB Wednesday, 20th December 2017 and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Child Safety Officer application.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Tracey Brooke email@example.com 9415 8881 or Dom Ennis firstname.lastname@example.org 9415 8881.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.
Due to the predicted volume of applications, please note you will only be contacted if you are successful in progressing to a first round interview.