- Fixed term contract, 60.8 hours (0.8FTE) until 30 June 2019
- Division 1 RN + 9.5 % Employer superannuation
- Access to generous salary packaging options
- Centrally located in Box Hill
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
YSAS is a Child Safe organisation. We actively promote the safety and wellbeing of young people, and are committed to protecting young people from harm or abuse who come into contact with and/or access our service. Applicants must undergo rigorous screening and recruitment processes, including providing evidence of current WWCC and National Police Check.
About the position
The Home Based Withdrawal Nurse position is integral to the provision of a comprehensive, integrated Health Service at YSAS. The overall objective of the role is to provide optimal primary health care to vulnerable young people with complex health problems.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing home based withdrawal (screening, assessment& treatment)
- Supported referrals
- Clinical Services and General Health Assessments
- Education and Health Promotion based on a harm minimisation framework
- Building linkages with local health service providers
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION on our website www.ysas.org.au,
How to apply
To support your application you must provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and a current Resume (in Word or PDF format only).
Applications close: COB, Friday 22 June 2018 and should be addressed to: email@example.com, using the subject line: Primary Health/Home Based Withdrawal Nurse application.
Please note: As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and have a current Working With Children Check.
Please note : We can only accept applications from Australian citizens and permanent residents.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Aaron McKee
(Manager YSAS Eastern) 03 9890 7855.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.
Due to the predicted volume of applications, please note you will only be contacted if you are successful in progressing to a first round interview.