YSAS provides community based and statewide Residential Services to young people in metropolitan and regional Victoria.
YSAS can provide access to Home Based Withdrawal, for people undergoing withdrawal while remaining in the community, or Residential Withdrawal through one of YSAS’s supportive, home-like environments.
In addition, YSAS has two Residential Rehabilitation Programs:
- Birribi, for young people aged 16 to 20 years
- Koori Youth Alcohol and Other Drugs Healing Service (in partnership with Ngwala Willumbong Co-operative Ltd) for aboriginal young people aged 16 to 20 years.
For young people aged 12-15 that are unable to be admitted to Birribi or the KYA&DHS, an individualised treatment plan will be developed in consultation with the family or carer.
Referral to Residential Services
Referrals can be made:
- by individual young people or family members
- through YSAS Community Programs
- through community alcohol and other drug services, GPs, primary and mental health services, youth justice and homelessness services.