- 0.4 FTE Part-time (30.4 hours per fortnight), fixed term position to 30 June 2019
- Annual Salary (Registered Nurse, Division 1, Grade 4) plus 9.5% Employer superannuation, access to attractive salary packaging
- Frankston based
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
The headspace Frankston model brings together key organisations experienced in the delivery of primary care, mental health, alcohol and drug services, social welfare and vocational education for young people. This strategic alliance aims to establish a community of collaborative youth services improving access for young people aged 12-25 years at risk of or experiencing issues around mental health, physical health, alcohol and other drug or vocational domains.
headspace Frankston is a local consortium of 10 agencies including Peninsula Health, Frankston City Council, Mornington Peninsula Shire Council, drug & alcohol services, employment and education services, private providers and social welfare agencies. This strategic alliance of services aims to establish a local collaborative service improving access to early intervention health and mental health services for young people aged 12-25 and their families
About the position
This position is integral to the provision of a comprehensive, integrated primary health care service at headspace Frankston.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
- Facilitate primary health screening, clinical assessment and treatment planning and delivery with young people.
- Provide support and collaborate with the YHC GP’s in the delivery of sexual & reproductive health care, information and education, immunisations, general health follow up for young people accessing the clinic and contribute to holistic care plans so that primary health is an integrated aspect of care to young people presenting to headspace.
- Facilitate and coordinate the provision of information, resources and brief interventions relating to mental health, drug and alcohol, sexual & reproductive health or other youth health issues to schools, community organisations or community events as directed.
- Contribute to the development and review of audit tools, policies, procedures and evidence based clinical pathways and models of care addressing the priority needs of young people and identified diversity groups accessing headspace and co-located services.
To be successful you will need:
- Current AHPRA registration.
- Well-developed engagement skills and a passion to work with young people.
- Experience and understanding of evidence based adolescent primary, sexual & reproductive health care and interventions.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of clinical interventions, brief interventions or health promoting programs within scope of practice for young people.
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION or visit our website www.ysas.org.au.
How to apply for this position:
To support your application you must provide;
- a covering letter addressing Key Selection Criteria found in the position description;
- a current Resume; and
- the names and contact details of three referees.
Applications close: 2.00pm Monday 29th January 2018 and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line RN hsF Youth Health Clinic application.
Please note: Interviews will be held 24th – 30th January 2018 during business hours.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Leisl Jackson - headspace Frankston Manager on 03 9769 6419.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.
Due to the predicted volume of applications, please note you will only be contacted if you are successful in progressing to a first round interview.