The Enhanced Mental Health Nurse Program works closely with the YSAS Health Service, GPs, and allied health professionals to deliver integrated primary health services (incorporating Mental Health Care Plans) to young people experiencing complex problems related to drug and alcohol misuse and mental health.
The program includes:
- provision of health promotion, education, primary health and mental health screening and treatment interventions to disadvantaged young people
- periodic reviews of the young person’s mental state
- monitoring and management of medication
- integration of services from GPs, psychiatrists and allied health workers (such as psychologists), including arranging access to interventions from other health professionals when these are required
- undertaking home visits, including family interventions.
Tel: 03 9701 3488