- 1x full time time fixed term contract until 30 September 2018
- SCHCADS level 4-5 dependent on qualifications and experience + 9.5 % Employer superannuation; generous salary packaging available
- Located at Frankston
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
About the position
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the Youth AOD Outreach Worker provides crisis intervention, assessment, case work / case management services and ongoing support to minimise the harm of alcohol and drug use to the young person. Youth AOD Outreach Workers are required to work independently across a range of life areas with support from the team and supervisor.
Please note that some after-hours work may be required to meet the needs of young people and their families.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Forming co‑operative and collaborative relationships with other service providers to avoid duplication of services and maximise the use of available resources.
- Direct service activities.
- Referral networks and pathways.
- Program development.
- Compliance and professional conduct.
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION on our website www.ysas.org.au.
How to apply
To support your application you must provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and a current Resume (in Word or PDF format only). Only applicants addressing the key selection criteria will be reviewed.
Applications close: COB Wednesday, 22 November 2017 and should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Youth AOD Outreach Worker application.
Interviews will be held during business hours on Monday, 27 November 2017.
Please note: As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and have a current Working With Children Check.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Meagan Mathieson (Acting Manager – Community Programs) on 0419 403 287.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.
Due to the predicted volume of applications, please note you will only be contacted if you are successful in progressing to a first round interview.