· Full time permanent (38hrs per week/ 5 days a week)
· Classification: SCHADS Award 4/5 dependent on qualifications and experience + 9.5 % Employer super
· Generous Salary Packaging benefits
· Located in Frankston
About YSAS and YSAS Frankston
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
The Frankston Outreach Team covers the Frankston, Mornington Peninsula and part of the Kingston region. The team at Frankston also comprises of the Young Parents’ Project (YPP) and Springboard (part of a consortium with Mission Australia, South East Community Links (SECL), Monash Health & Berry Street).
YSAS Frankston is co-located with headsapce – Frankston (incl: GP’s, Psych Registrars and other Allied Health professionals), h-YEPP, SalvoCare Eastern – Youth Services, and MIND Australia. We also have various other youth specific services co-contributing in reach sessions such as Centrelink, Peninsula Carers Council, and Skills Plus. YSAS is the Lead Agency for headspace – Frankston, the teams work very closely and collaboratively on various projects/programs across the catchment region.
YSAS is a Child Safe organisation. We actively promote the safety and wellbeing of young people, and are committed to protecting young people from harm or abuse who come into contact with and/or access our service. Applicants must undergo rigorous screening and recruitment processes, including providing evidence of current WWCC and National Police Check.
About the position
YSAS Frankston is looking for a skilled and committed person to work in a small team environment to contribute their expertise to improving the wellbeing of youth people. You will have the ability to advocate, support and engage with young people from diverse backgrounds dealing with a range of challenges associated with alcohol and/or drug use. The skilled applicant will need to be able to apply provision of support and information to young people about drugs and alcohol which is consistent with a harm minimisation perspective.
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the Youth AOD Outreach Worker provides crisis intervention, assessment, case work / case management services and ongoing support to minimise the harm of alcohol and drug use to the young person. You will be required to work independently (with support from the team and supervisor) and collaboratively with other service providers to avoid duplication of services and maximise the use of available resources.
To be successful in this position, you will have
· Qualifications in a relevant field (e.g Youth Work, Social Work, Community Services)
· Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
· Highly developed engagement skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as highly developed interpersonal, coaching, and consultative skills
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION
How to apply
To support your application you must:
1) Be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident and
2) Provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and
3) Provide a current Resume.
Applications close: COB 25th January 2019 and should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Youth AOD Worker - Outreach application
Please note: As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check. In addition there is a requirement to possess a current Working With Children Check.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Katrina Bould Manager - Community Programs 03 9770 5622.
• YSAS is an equal opportunity employer.
• YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation