- Part-Time(0.8 FTE /4 days per week) Fixed term to January 30th 2019
- Remuneration: SCHCADS Level 4 to 5 (dependent on qualifications and experience) + 9.5 % Employer super
- Access to generous salary packaging options
- 12 month maternity position
- Location: Bass Coast- Inner Gippsland
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
About the position
In partnership with Gippsland Primary Health Network (GPHN), YSAS provides Place Based Youth Alcohol and Other Drug Outreach services to young people aged between 12-25 years who are experiencing problems relating to their use of alcohol and other drugs. The Youth AOD Outreach program targets young people residing in the South Gippsland, Wellington and Bass Coast Local Government Areas.
As Youth Outreach worker you will provide support to clients who are experiencing multiple and complex health and psychosocial issues relating to substance use in addition to those who are demonstrating the early and emerging signs of problematic AOD use.
You will work flexibly to deliver assertive outreach into the community and in places and spaces where young people are most comfortable in accessing support. You will also be expected to develop strong links with schools and other youth services throughout the region to develop initiatives which promote help seeking and harm minimisation information.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Qualifications in a relevant field (e.g. Youth Work, Social Work, Community Services)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Highly developed engagement skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as highly developed interpersonal, coaching, and consultative skills
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION link .
How to apply for this job
To support your application you must provide a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria found in the position description and a current Resume.
Applications close: COB 22nd December 2017 and should be addressed to: email@example.com, using the subject line: Youth AOD Worker – Outreach (Bass Coast- Inner Gippsland)
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Christine May (Manager Inner Gippsland) on 03 5133 3411.
Please note: As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check. In addition there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
- We can only accept applications from Australian citizens and permanent residents.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.
Due to the predicted volume of applications, please note you will only be contacted if you are successful in progressing to a first round interview.