- 1 x Full Time Fixed Term (12 month contract)
- 2 x Part Time Fixed Term (12 month contract)
- SCHCADS level 5 dependent on qualifications and experience + 9.5 % Employer superannuation
- Generous salary sacrificing options available
- Located in Collingwood
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
YSAS is a Child Safe organisation. We actively promote the safety and wellbeing of young people, and are committed to protecting young people from harm or abuse who come into contact with and/or access our service. Applicants must undergo rigorous screening and recruitment processes, including providing evidence of current WWCC and National Police Check.
The headspace Collingwood model brings together key organisations experienced in the delivery of primary care, mental health, alcohol and drug services, social welfare and vocational education for young people. The headspace Collingwood consortium comprises membership from Melbourne PHN, Austin Health, Jesuit Social Services, Mind Australia, and St Vincent’s Hospital (Melbourne) Ltd. This strategic alliance aims to establish a community of collaborative youth services improving access for young people aged 12-25 years at risk of or experiencing issues around mental health, physical health, alcohol and other drug or vocational domains.
Opportunity to make a difference to the lives of seriously disadvantaged young people.
About the position
Please note that some after-hours work will be required to meet the needs of young people and their families.
Your key responsibilities will include
- Work collaboratively with all clinical staff, including Private Practitioners, allied health multidisciplinary team and with local stakeholders to deliver high-quality services to young people
- Will be an experienced professional with considerable knowledge and experience in mental health service provision, health service delivery and community engagement;
- Acting as first point of service contact for young people, their family and friends, it demonstrating a high level of customer service.
- This position will also hold a portfolio within Community Engagement which may involve, project or group work.
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION
How to apply
To support your application you must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident,
- Complete the application form and
- Provide a current Resume (in Word or PDF format only).
Applications received without the application form will not be considered.
Applications close: COB Wednesday 24th July 2019 and should be addressed to: email@example.com, using the subject line: Youth Mental Health Intake Clinician application.
Please note: As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and have a current Working With Children Check.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Paul Neumann (Clinical Lead) at 03 9417 0150
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.
Due to the predicted volume of applications, please note you will only be contacted if you are successful in progressing to a first round interview