Sleep is vital for physical and emotional well-being. It helps repair your body, keeps your heart healthy, reduces stress, improves your memory, helps control body weight, reduces your chance of diabetes and reduces the occurrence of mood disorders. Some tips for a good night’s sleep:
- Have a relaxing bath or shower before bed
- Try to stick to a routine, going to bed at around the same time every night, and wake up at around the same time every day
- Exercise during the day, it may make you more tired at night
- Avoid using technology such as https://typemyessays.com/essay-writing-help or TV just before bed
- Reading a book is a great alternative to watching TV
- Avoid napping during the day, you’ll be less tired at night
- Avoid caffeine at night, try relaxing teas such as chamomile instead
- Don’t go to bed hungry, or needing to use the toilet
- Try not to smoke cigarettes just before bed
- Remove distractions from your bedroom, keep it quiet and dark
- If you have a lot on your mind and it’s keeping you up, try to sort through it by writing it in a diary or calling a friend
- If you’ve been feeling down for a while, it might be best to talk to a doctor, counsellor, friend or family.
If none of the above works and you need more help call YoDAA on 1800 458 685 for advice on what else you can do.